I did not get an alert to my Alertus Recipient App during the recent test. What should I do?
- Some users are reporting a status of offline server (see below) which may prevent the user from receiving push notifications from the alertus service.
- This is only for mobile devices and does not impact desktop notifications.
- The solution for now is to delete the app from your phone, wait 15 minutes, reinstall the app and reregister your phone and groups. It is not the solution we were hoping for and Alertus is hopeful they can find a long term fix that may avoid individual action, but for now it is what it is.
- If your app reports online there are no actions to take for now.
What is the Alertus Recipient App?
- The Alertus Recipient App allows end users to receive push notifications from the CU Boulder Alerts utilizing Wi-Fi and/or cellular signal.
Who can install the Alertus Recipient App?
- Active CU Boulder students, faculty, and staff as well as partners and approved affiliates can download and install the app. It will not be available for non-CU Affiliates.
How do I install the Alertus Recipient App?
- Users can easily download and install the Recipient App from the iOS App Store or Google Play store.
- Find and download the Alertus + (not the Alertus Activator).
- CU Boulder’s organization code is cuboulder
- Use your @colorado.edu, cu.edu, cufund.org, cusys.edu, or UCDENVER.EDU email address to complete the registration process
Is the message from the Alertus Recipient App any different than the text messages I get already from CU Boulder Alerts?
- No. It will be exactly the same as the text messages.
Can I put the Alertus Recipient App on my tablet?
- Yes. It works on all apple and google mobile devices
Why would I want the Alertus Recipient App if I am already receiving text messages from CU Boulder Alerts?
- Sometimes a text message will not reach your device if you are in poor cellular signal range, like in the interior of some of the buildings on campus. However, if you are in range of Wi-Fi then you should receive this new push notification.
Is it required for me to download the Alertus Recipient App?
- No. It is designed for those that routinely find themselves in areas with poor celluar signal range or those who have mobile device plans that rely heavily on Wi-Fi rather than signal strength like Republic Wireless and Google's Project Fi.
Where can I get more information on the Alerts Recipient App?
The Alertus website says there is a geo-tagged incident reporting feature but I cannot find it. Am I missing something?
- No. While the Alertus Recipient App offers an incident reporting feature, the University of Colorado Boulder has shut off that feature and ask you to please dial 9-1-1 if there is a safety incident you would like to report.
The Alertus website says there is a panic button feature but I cannot find it. Am I missing something?
Do I need to sign up for a subscription to get CU Boulder Alerts with the Alertus app?
No. You do not need to be a member of a subscription to receive the campus wide alerts.